A bathroom remodeling project is no small feat. There is a lot of required thinking and planning before you start tearing the tiles off and creating a new functional and stylish bathroom. C.C. Dietz can help you with this process; from the planning to the remodeling. We can help you turn your bathroom into a personal space where you escape from the stress of everyday life. A bathroom should be more akin to a washroom in a palace, C.C. Dietz can help make your bathroom vision a reality. If you’re unsure of where to start when considering a remodel for your bathroom, here are a few tips:
- Come up with a budget – The most important factor to consider when remodeling your bathroom is the budget. Starting with a realistic budget can help you figure out where you can splurge and where you might need to get a little creative with your remodeling. A good budget is the basis of almost all home improvement projects and bathroom remodeling is no different.
- Consider using “green” materials – Most “green” materials have great design, tend to function better (which lowers utility bills) and they’re also chemical-free, making them better for your health. A green solution could be as simple as re-painting your cabinets. Figure out what recyclable materials you could use for your remodeling. Not only will you save the environment, but you might save you money, too!
- Refinish what doesn’t need to be replaced – If you don’t exactly want to replace something, you can always save money by refinishing it. You’ll be reducing waste by refinishing and you’ll also save yourself a lot of cash.
- Don’t move your plumbing if you don’t have to – Sure, you might want to move your sink to the other end of your bathroom, but the difficult and expensive part of doing that is moving all of the plumbing along with it. You can save money by replacing that sink where it is, unless you want a completely new bathroom. In that case, still consider the cost of moving the plumbing systems.
- Plan to have comprehensive lighting system – The lighting system in your bathroom is one of its most important features. Sconce lighting at the vanity is an ideal way to get even lighting on your face, and having it installed at eye level will help diminish unflattering shadows. Dim lighting is nice for a soothing bath; bright lights are great for shaving your face or applying makeup. Adding more overall lighting can make a very small bathroom seem larger.
- Make sure there is proper ventilation – You don’t want too much moisture building up in your bathroom. Mold and mildew can ruin any renovation you’ve had planned. So, make sure that your renovation includes enough vents for proper ventilation.
No matter what you decide to do to your bathroom, call on C.C. Dietz. We’re experts at removing old tubs, showers, sinks and toilets and replacing them with whirlpools, new ceramic tiles and custom built showers and bathtubs. C.C. Dietz realizes that your bathroom receives heavy traffic, so we’ll work quickly to complete your project. You’ll have a new bathroom that reflects your personality and taste. Like all of our projects, we use only the highest quality materials and fixtures. We ensure they perform the right way by having them installed by reliable, experienced workmen who we know and trust.
If you have any questions about Bathroom Remodeling or wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact C.C. Dietz by calling 717.755.1921 or visit our website! You can also follow C.C. Dietz on Facebook,Google+, and Twitter.
Source: Tips for Remodeling a Bathroom, DIY Network