Even if you are not interested in (or can’t afford) a complete bathroom renovation, a small bathroom remodel might be just what you need. A small bathroom remodel – replacing cabinets, toilets, tubs, and fixtures – will not only give your bathroom a face-lift, but it can save you money, as well.
Did you know that an old, leaky faucet wastes about 50 gallons of water a day and a leaky toilet flapper valve wastes 300 gallons a day? Just imagine how much money you are wasting on your monthly utility bills!
You can save both water and money by replacing your fixtures and installing new, water-saving toilets and showerheads.
Benefits of Water-Wise Bathroom Accessories
- A conventional showerhead is rated to use 3 to 7 gallons per minute (gpm) at normal water pressure (80 psi). A low flow showerhead, that delivers 1 to 2.5 gpm, will cut water consumption by about 45 gallons/day.
- Flow regulators on the shower controls can reduce or stop the water flow when you’re shampooing or soaping.Low-flow faucets designed to federal standards (2.5 gpm at 80 psi) use sensors as well as aerators to reduce water consumption.
- Self-closing faucets are spring-loaded to shut off the faucet a few seconds after the user turns it on.
- Ultrasonic, or infrared-sensor, faucets automatically activate the water flow when hands are detected beneath it and automatically shut it off when the hands are removed.
- New ‘Low Flow’ or ‘High-Efficiency’ toilets only use about 1.3 gallons per flush (compared to 7 gallons per flush for older toilets), and save your family between 8,000 and 20,000 gallons of water per year,
- New low-flow toilets help Americans save over $11 million everyday on their water bill.
- Switching over to water-efficient plumbing fixtures could save the average household as much as $50 to $100 a year on water and wastewater bills.
If you have your heart set on a newly remodeled bathroom designed to save water and money, give York, Pennsylvania’s most trusted bathroom remodeler – C.C. Dietz – a call!
Serving York, Pennsylvania since 1921, C.C. Dietz is one of the most respected names in the construction industry throughout York County. From new kitchens to bathroom remodeling, to home additions and new homes, C.C. Dietz knows how to get the job done because we’ve been doing it for almost 100 years.
We are York County’s premiere building contractor!
Tags: Bathroom Accessories, bathroom remodel, bathroom remodeler, bathroom remodeling, bathroom renovation, High-Efficiency toilets, low flow showerhead, Low-Flow Toilets, Self-closing faucets, water-efficient plumbing, Water-Wise Bathroom, York County