If you have read any of our previous blogs, then you know that bathroom remodeling can be overwhelming. It takes a great deal of time and planning (especially budgeting). Still, people make the same remodeling mistakes over and over and over…
What NOT to do When Remodeling a Bathroom
1. Do Not Wing It: This is one of the biggest mistakes a homeowner can make for several reasons. For starters, bathroom remodels are expensive. And “winging it” can result in you spending more money than is necessary. Secondly, bathrooms are more intricate than many people expect. Between the plumbing and trying to fit everything you want in such a small room, you can run into several problems.
So before you begin any remodeling project…especially bathroom remodels…be sure to meticulously plan out the entire endeavor.
2. Impulse Buying is a No-No: As we have already said, planning is the key to any successful bathroom remodeling project. Instead of buying the first thing you see, you should…
- Shop Around: Even if you find a vanity, sink, or other object that you like, do your research. See if you can find the same bathroom furnishing or something similar for a cheaper price.
- Draw it Out: Have you laid out your dream bathroom in your mind? Then put it on paper. Will this new bathroom furnishing even fit into your décor? Before you buy anything, sit down and map out your desired bathroom. This will give you an idea of what you need and what will fit.
- Measure: Have you adequately measured your bathroom? If not, how can you be sure that your new vanity or sink will fit?
3. Do You Know How To Install That? If Not, Don’t Try: Many homeowners attempt do-it-yourself (DIY) bathroom remodels with the best intentions. It seems like a great way to save money, right? Well, that is true…if you know what you are doing. If you do not know anything about plumbing or construction, then you may do more harm than good – costing yourself even more money in the long run.
Now that you know what not to do, let us give you one more piece of advice. If you have your heart set on a newly remodeled bathroom, give York, Pennsylvania’s most trusted bathroom remodeler – C.C. Dietz – a call!
Serving York, Pennsylvania since 1921, C.C. Dietz is one of the most respected names in the construction industry throughout York County. From new kitchens to remodeled bathrooms, to home additions and new homes, C.C. Dietz knows how to get the job done because we’ve been doing it for almost 100 years.
We are York County’s premiere building contractor!
Tags: bathroom, bathroom furnishing, bathroom remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling Don’ts – What NOT To Do, bathroom remodeling project, Bathroom Remodeling: What Not To Do, bathroom remodels, bathrooms, Budgeting, C.C. Dietz, construction, construction industry, décor, desired bathroom, DIY bathroom remodels, Do Not Wing It, do-it-yourself bathroom remodels, Draw it Out, dream bathroom, emodeling project, home additions, homeowner, Impulse Buying is a No-No, Measure, meticulously plan, new homes, new kitchens, newly remodeled bathroom, Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania’s most trusted bathroom remodeler, plumbing, remodeled bathrooms, remodeling mistakes, Shop Around, sink, time and planning, vanity, What Not To Do, What NOT to do When Remodeling a Bathroom, winging it, York, York County, York County's premiere building contractor