Now is the perfect time for summer home improvement, and we have just the projects for you. Home improvement doesn’t have to be expensive. It’s possible to make simple, affordable changes that actually make a huge difference in the appearance of your home.
Affordable Summer Home Improvement Projects
- Plant trees. Trees not only provide shade for your yard and home, but also privacy. They won’t make a difference right away, but in the future these trees will be large, provide shade for your home, and possibly even help to reduce energy costs. Trees in your yard also increase the privacy of your home from neighbors and cars on the street. Plus, planting can be a great family activity!
- Add molding to your walls. Molding is a simple and cost-efficient way to increase the elegance of your home. It comes in a variety of styles, allowing you to choose what best fits the scheme of your room. It’s a subtle addition that will make a significant transformation within your home.
- Add a patio. While this may be on the more expensive side, installing a patio now will be worth it in the long run. Patios guarantee a generous ROI when looking to sell, and increase curb appeal. But they’re also great for the warm summer months, or cooler months with a fire pit. They offer more seating and entertaining space without actually putting an addition on the house.
- Get organized. Install more storage space in creative places. Install shelving in your closet, or take advantage of wall space in the bathroom. By installing storage spaces, you’ll be able to free up much more space in your home.
- Install ceiling fans. With energy costs rising all the time, many people have taken advantage of ceiling fans. They’re a great way to stay cool, without cranking up your air conditioning. Fans are much more energy efficient than air-conditioning, and they come in a variety of styles. They’re not only functional, but they also act as an added accessory or decoration to the room.
About C.C. Dietz
C.C. Dietz has been building and remodeling homes in York, Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas for almost 100 years. As a family owned business, we give your project the time and attention it deserves. Whether it’s a small remodeling project or building a custom home, we give all of our clients the customer service and build quality that can only come from a family owned business with many years of experience in the remodeling and home building industry.
We specialize in kitchen and bathroom remodeling, basement finishing, additions, as well as building custom homes from the ground up. We offer free consultations in order to discuss the scope, time frame, and estimate for your project. If you’re ready to remodel in York, Lancaster, and Harrisburg Pennsylvania, C.C. Dietz is here to help. If you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact C.C. Dietz by calling 717.755.1921 or visit our website! Also, be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.