Just like anything else, kitchen design and kitchen remodeling is an industry dominated by the “next big thing.” So what’s new in kitchen design?
- Modern Kitchen Design: Kitchens nowadays are moving to much sleeker, simpler looks. This means fewer cabinets, less ornamentation, and less, well everything. Kitchen design is becoming much more open.
- Maximizing Space: With fewer cabinets and less storage space, it becomes even more critical to maximize that space. To accomplish this, kitchen remodelers rely on things like pull out drawers, lazy Suzans, and other more efficient storage designs.
- Doing Away with the Formal Dining Room: Many homeowners are moving away from the formal dining room. Instead, they are moving towards eat-in-kitchens that they can enjoy day in and day out.
- Hardware Options: Instead of the old reliable brushed-nickel rod handles, cabinet homeowners are exploring new hardware options, including scallop pulls, flush hardware that mounts along the top edge of base cabinets, and more.
- Thick and Thin Countertops: Instead of traditional countertops ranging in thicknesses of 1¼ to 1½ inches, countertops today are going in one of two directions. They are either going extremely thin, or extremely thick. Today’s countertops can go as thin as a half inch or as thick as 5 inches.
C.C. Dietz is familiar with adding new cabinets, floors and countertops to an existing kitchen. We can also perform a total tear out, and design and build the kitchen of your dreams. And when we’re finished, you’ll have a brand new kitchen that performs as well as it looks.
We are York’s premiere building contractor!
C.C. Dietz, Inc. Builders
1890 Mt. Zion Rd.
York, PA 17406.