The kitchen is the center of community and action within your home, with everyone stopping through at least a couple of times a day. Because of this, you likely want your kitchen design to be attractive, welcoming, and practical. If you feel your kitchen requires a fresh new design, we have a few suggestions to offer based on the trending kitchen designs of 2019.
Two-Toned Kitchen Designs
Choosing two distinct colors for your kitchen design helps to make your counters and appliances stand out in bold contrast to the rest of your furniture. There are a few popular tone combinations, including:
- Light & Dark: combine colors like charcoal gray with light wood floors and white countertops.
- Warm & Cool Colors: combining a cool color like blue with a warm color like orange provides a bold contrast that makes your kitchen feel exciting and welcoming. You can add more warmth by balancing the colors with a medium-dark walnut floor and dark marble countertops.
- Black & White: These two colors always complement each other and lend your kitchen a modern style.
- Bright & Bold: Create a colorful and inviting kitchen with bright white walls and a matching island, contrasted with bright blue counters and cabinets.
A colored herringbone tile backsplash can add a subtle texture to your kitchen that provides depth and style. Kitchen designs incorporating herringbone wood floors can also bring eye-catching flair to the room.
Adding seating in vibrant, bold colors to an otherwise neutral kitchen design can tie the room together nicely. For a more modern look, you can add minimalist barstools to your island, which add seating without distracting from a bold color design. If you want a casual look, you can install swivel barstools, which adds a unique style.
The backsplash in your kitchen is a great space for you to add dramatic touches that make a huge difference but don’t require a complete kitchen remodel.
- Marble: Contrasting dark walls with a marble backsplash will add a dramatic, elegant look.
- Black & White: This eye-catching backsplash adds texture with a pattern, and a clean, modern aesthetic. Kitchen designs that combine neutral kitchen elements with black and white backsplash are striking and classic.
- Striking Tile: Incorporating a statement wall of bright tile into your backsplash is a great way to turn an otherwise neutral kitchen design into something eye-catching and memorable.
Strong metallic accents add attractiveness and a unique sense of style to your kitchen design. For instance, you can include a statement hood above your stove to draw the eye towards that nexus of the kitchen. Additionally, adding gold metallic accents to black chairs or hoods creates an equally bold design. Adding metallic frames to your lighting or art creates can also create subtle cohesion between your various colors and accents.
Bring Your Vision to Life Today with C.C. Dietz
If you are thinking of building or remodeling your dream home in the York County region, what better place to begin than the start of a new year? Our team of experts will assist you throughout the entire process, and we are ready to answer any questions that you may have. If you’re eager to customize your dream kitchen, renovate your bathroom, or build your dream home from the ground up, let us be your choice for beautiful, quality work backed by a reputation of excellence and five generations of expertise. Are you ready to talk? We’re happy to meet with you! Schedule a free consultation with us today, or contact us at 717-755-1921 or visit us online.
For more fun remodeling tips, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.