A kitchen remodel is one of the most expensive investments that a homeowner will make. In fact, according to the Home Improvement Research Institute, homeowners spend more money on kitchen remodeling than any other home improvement project. Luckily, there are ways to save money!
Budgeting for a Kitchen Remodel
- Keep the Same Floor Plan: Updating your kitchen doesn’t have to be a huge undertaking. If you keep the same basic floor plan, you will not only cut down on the amount of work that needs to be done, but you will also save yourself money. And the results will be just as impressive as completely gutting the kitchen and starting from scratch.
- Don’t go Overboard with Appliances: Your kitchen appliances are a great place to save some money. Let’s face it; your appliances don’t need to be top of the line. The trick is to finds the appliances that fit your lifestyle. Do you need a six-burner commercial-grade range? Probably not.
- Balance Bargains and Quality: Don’t try to save TOO much money with your kitchen remodel. You need to be smart about it. Resist low-quality bargains, like cheap kitchen countertops. These may save you some money now, but they will need to be repaired or replaced much faster than quality countertops. Instead, keep your eyes open for sales. Try to get quality products at a cheap price.
- Add Storage, not Space: You can add a lot of functionality and storage in your kitchen without having to add any more space. Try installing cabinets that reach all the way to the ceiling, try adding shelving units on unused wall space, or you may even consider a ceiling-mounted rack. There are tons of ways to add storage and functionality without breaking the bank.
- Trust C.C. Dietz: C.C. Dietz is familiar with adding new countertops to an existing kitchen. We can also perform a total tear out, and design and build the kitchen of your dreams. The choice is yours!
Serving homeowners throughout Pennsylvania and Maryland since 1921, C.C. Dietz is one of the most respected names in the construction industry throughout York and Lancaster, Pennsylvania and select areas in Maryland. From new kitchens to bathroom remodeling, to home additions and new homes, C.C. Dietz knows how to get the job done because we’ve been doing it for almost 100 years.
We are York’s premiere building contractor!
C.C. Dietz, Inc. Builders
1890 Mt. Zion Rd.
York, PA 17406.